Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just Out of the Kiln



These are the latest pieces home from clay class. There are problems with all of them, but this is how we learn. The lace plate had far too much glaze on it in spots and not enough in others, but I did get the effect I was trying for in other places, i.e. that slightly yellowed look that old lace can get. The pink bear isn't the pink I was going for, being slightly too much of an anemic pink, rather than a healthy little girl's bedroom pink. I'm thinking it's because I didn't put the Stroke N Coat on thick enough. And I managed to get the red on the inside of his mouth on the outside as well. I'm thinking of calling him "Just Because I'm Pink, Doesn't Mean I'm Not Grizzly." Sigh. Then there's the small leaf dish. This will definitely be a present for my mother. The metallic green glaze pooled on the inside bottom of the dish because I didn't wipe enough off, which makes an interesting effect, but wasn't what I was going for. And there will be no picture of the huge crack in the side that can only really be seen from the bottom. Double sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment