Friday, January 13, 2012


I've become addicted to playing with clay. I began to type "working" rather than "playing," stopped short doing anything with clay is anything but work. I've decided to start this blog to chronicle my experiences playing in the mud.
This all started about six months ago, when I retired after thirty years as a Florida state employee. I finally had the time and energy to do some of the fun things. I started taking classes at the Dunedin Fine Arts Center (www.dfac.org). I tried drawing (too much like work) and a making art cloth class (fun, but just not 'it").
Then in the fall I started a clay class and I was hooked. The photos below are a couple of my first pieces. I do love making the little animals. The dog is "Watson," a friend's new sheltie puppy. The cat is my cat, Snow. The leaf plate was lots of fun and looks great!






No comments:

Post a Comment